Las Vegas Athletics Stadium

Las+Vegas+As+Stadium+
MLB
Las Vegas A’s Stadium

Las Vegas, a city known for its lights, casinos, and entertainment, is about to undergo transformations replacing one of the oldest historic landmarks in the city. After 67 years the iconic Tropicana Casino is about to engage in a new project for the future major league baseball team, the Las Vegas Athletics. Originally from Oakland, California the Athletics will move from one of the oldest ballparks to a new modernized ballpark.

Las Vegas Review- Journal
Tropicana Casino

According to ESPN, the Governor of Nevada has signed a $380 million bill to go towards a 1.5 billion dollar stadium. While this was given the greenlight by both the state and senate, the Athletics are to give 2 million dollars every year to the community as well as a few other favors. While this project is expected to be completed by the year 2028 many people are still excited for the upcoming year and news. 

Sophomore Luis Flores states, “I’m actually very excited about this one. As a baseball fan myself, it would be really cool to see Las Vegas have its own MLB team. I’m also an A’s fan myself so it works out perfectly.”

Las Vegas A’s Baseball Field

Spanning about 9 acres on the 35 acre Tropicana site, the ballpark designed by BIG is made to fit right into the Strip’s vibe. It will be able to hold 33,000 people and will have 2,500 on site parking spots as well as a cool and clean outdoor feel to it, with an amazing view of the city. The seats will be made to make the fans feel super close to the games and see everything from each and every seat. This is a big difference from the Oakland Coliseum as many fans complained that some of the seats wouldn’t even get a full view of the field. The roof of the stadium will have 5 layers that will look like baseball pennants that will be able to open to let in light from the strip. In addition, the stadium will also have a 18,000 square foot jumbotron which will be the biggest in major league baseball. This makes many A’s fans happy, especially ones who have been to the Oakland Coliseum ballpark.  

Sophomore Cesar Guerrero states, “This will be a big change from the Oakland ballpark, the stadium there was run down, old, it smelled and they even shared a baseball field with the Raiders football team when they were also in Oakland. Now that the athletics will have their new ballpark to play on it could improve how they play.”

I wonder how the field will actually look like in person

— Luis Flores

One thing Las Vegas residents are wondering is how will the Athletics be able to play baseball in the Las Vegas heat. According to MLB.com the design is all about blending with the Las Vegas weather. The stadium will be built to block out harsh sunlight and let in natural light to keep it at cool temperatures for the players and the fans. There are also plans for a nearby resort for fans to stay in when they travel from out of state or country. Outside the stadium will include a main plaza as an area outside the ballpark. While traffic can also be an issue, the A’s will be working with Clark County and NDOT to make traffic transportation plans. Just like what they have with the T-Mobile Arena and the Allegiant Stadium, this is expected to not only make things easier but to also cut down pollution. Other baseball fans of different teams are also interested in this project, excited for what is to come in the future.

Freshman Elliot Garcia states,  “I actually can’t wait to see this finished project, I’m a Dodgers fan but from the ideas I have seen this definitely will be the best of its time.”

While this project will take 4 years to be finished. The project will most definitely be worth the wait, this stadium could be ahead of its time and will be an amazing addition to Las Vegas.

View Comments (1)
$0
$500