Jhene Aiko coming this Summer

JheneAiko
The Magic Tour

Many people know that Vegas is hosting several concerts this summer, along with festivals and party events. However most of those concerts like Future, Metro Boomin and PartyNextDoor may not be appropriate for a younger audience. Jhene Aiko is having a concert coming towards the end of the summer and beginning of school on August 10, 2024. 

At the MGM Grand Garden Arena, there will be The Magic Tour featuring special guests who include, Coi Leray, Tink, UMI and Kiana Lede, who are all amazing female artists and makes several students really excited to come out and watch. 

There are actually a lot of students here at Shadow who listen to Jhene Aiko, she is even one of their favorite artists. 

Jhene Aiko  

“She is one of my favorite artists. She is really inspiring and heartfelt, like I feel every lyric she sings and she just really helped me through a lot,” sophomore Miya Mcnillian states. 

Music is a big part of a teen’s life more than most people acknowledge or think. Music gives teens, and just people overall, the ability to connect to each other and it also allows teens to express themselves  in many different unique ways. 

“When I’m working I like to have noise in the background,  it helps me focus, so I can see from a student’s perspective of why students use music to focus, I do believe that students should be able to listen to music to be able to block out distractions just make sure that it doesn’t go any further than that,“ Mrs. Austin states. 

“I’m really really happy and surprised that she’s going on tour. I’m ready to see that girl live, only because I’ve been listening to her for so long and she really got me through it,” sophomore Antanece Herndon states.

It’s always exciting when artists go on tour, especially Jhen Aiko since she hasn’t been on tour without being a part of a festival in a couple years. Students are able to see their favorite artists in person. In fact many high school students actually believe that some music artists saved their lives, helping them get through hard times whether that be with family or relationship issues.

“Yeah I was most definitely excited and super happy when I found out that Jhene AIko was going on tour and I just can’t wait, hopefully I get to see her,” sophomore Samiya Harris states.