Kylee Stratton: Making Wishes Come True

Kylee Stratton
Kylee Stratton with Lorenzo’s check

Senior Kylee Stratton has committed to a cause bigger than herself and has been working hand in hand with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to help grant the wishes of children in need. Stratton’s selfless work originated at Shadow Ridge when she worked with them for a fundraiser and expanded from there into an unforgettable experience. 

“I originally got involved with them last year after doing a “Tape the Teacher” at the school for our first  fundraiser with Make-A-Wish. They contacted me during the summer to ask if I wanted to join their program (Kids for Wish Kids) and I jumped at the opportunity,” says Stratton. 

Kylee with Shadow Ridge Student Council during SRHS Wish week

After Make-A-Wish reached out to Stratton with hopes of having her join their team, she happily obliged and has quite the role with their foundation. 

“For Make-A-Wish, I’m the SRHS Make-A-Wish Ambassador and Kids for Wish Kids member. This means that I plan fun activities that have the school partner with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to help raise money for wishes to be granted,” Stratton adds. 

Stratton has already used her wishful thinking to organize several events all around Shadow Ridge as well as several public speaking events and more. 

I have planned a Wish Week for SRHS, spoke at a conference that had more than 500 administrators interested in exploring fundraising opportunities for Make-A-Wish, and shared fundraising / experiences ideas with other Kid for Wish Kids members to set each other up for success,” says Stratton. 

Not only is Stratton an exemplary person outside of the classroom, but is also an amazing student in the classroom. 

“She is super friendly, and is always offering to help. Kylee is just an eternal optimist and I appreciate her positive vibe in my classroom,” says teacher, Paige Smith. 

Stratton finds a deep sense of fulfillment through working with Make-A-Wish to help kids’ dreams come true. 

“The most rewarding part about working with Make-A-Wish is the smiles I get to see whenever a kid’s wish comes true. It’s just so magical and heart warming,” Stratton shares. 

Part of helping these wishes come to fruition are the long hours and hard work spent planning to make these kids feel special as well as being around so many like minded people. 

“My favorite part about working with Make-A-Wish is getting able to plan wicked activities and meeting people who are wanting to make a change just like me,” Stratton says. 

Stratton, while being inspired, is also inspiring others with her words of encouragement for everyone to find something and go after it as the rewards are unlimited. 

“One last important piece of information I’d like to share with you is even though you may think an idea will not work and you will fail, do it, try it. You don’t know if it will work unless you try,” Stratton shares. “I didn’t think SRHS wish week was going to be as successful as it was. I was so proud of my school when we presented the check to Lorenzo for his wish.”