New Mustang: Mrs. Sommermeyer

Mrs. Jessica Sommermeyer
Jessica Sommermeyer
Mrs. Jessica Sommermeyer

Here at Shadow Ridge, administration makes the world a better place with their endless hours of work as well as their love and care. New to the Shadow Ridge Mustang line up, Mrs. Jessica Sommermeyer. Sommermeyer has a lot of years of hard work and experience under her belt that help her do her job every day. She has been a part of the Clark County School District family as long as she can remember.

“I have been a CCSD employee for 8 years,” Sommermeyer shares.

Not only has she been on the employee side, Sommermeyer and her family have also graduated from CCSD schools including Shadow Ridge. 

Mrs. Sommermeyer in her angelic element.

“I am a proud CCSD graduate. Two of my siblings graduated from Shadow Ridge in 2020 and 2021,” says Sommermeyer. 

At Shadow Ridge, Sommermeyer proves successful at her job by dealing with several things to help the student body every single day. 

“I am an assistant principal. I handle discipline, bullying and supervise the Science Department,”

Sommermeyer has nothing but positive things to say about being a Shadow Ridge Mustang and getting to work with students and staff every single day. 

“I love working with high school students, and we have an amazing staff at SRHS,” Sommermeyer says. “My favorite thing is the sense of community.” 

Sommermeyer’s journey started long before saying yes to the job here at Shadow, she also held several other jobs as well as attended college to set her up for success. 

Mrs. Sommermeyer enjoying a football game at The Raiders Stadium

“I graduated from UNR with a degree in marketing. I worked in marketing/advertising for a few years before making the switch to education. I worked for the Nevada Department of Education for a few years before becoming a teacher. I taught special education for 8 years before becoming an administrator,” Sommermeyer adds. 

Sommermeyer also has many interesting traits outside of school like spending time with her family, or rooting for her favorite NFL team. 

“In my free time I love to travel, spend time with my husband, and watch football (go Cowboys!),” Sommermeyer says. 

She also has a furry friend to count on at home. 

“I have a stepdog. He’s a dachshund and his name is Little Bit,” Sommermeyer says. 

Not only does Sommermeyer enjoy spending time with her husband and step dog, she also has a very large candle collection. 

“I collect candles and have over 250 in my collection,” says Sommermeyer. 

Welcome to The Ridge Mrs. Sommermeyer.