The Student News Site of Shadow Ridge High School

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
Anthony Ford, Athletics Editor • May 15, 2021

Anthony and Dorian discussed the NBA's new play in the tournament and give their predictions if the NBA PLAYOFFS is all the way through the championships

Who is that Teachers Pet?
Who is that Teacher's Pet?
Carlee Stuart, Journalist • October 6, 2022

Often, teacher's pets can reveal a lot about a teacher. See if these pets really match the personality of the adults students find in front of...

APP CHAT
APP CHAT
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • October 2, 2020

Ms. Robertson enjoys her time finding the next big literary hit.
Book it to the Library
October 2, 2020

Join the Las Vegas public library in learning about, and celebrating, the depth and diversity of Black history using the Library District's FREE...

Instagrams To Follow
Instagrams To Follow
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • September 19, 2020

Instagram has undoubtedly become one of the most used social media platforms for people of all ages. The Lariat would like to showcase Instagram...

Welcoming Wright

Ms.+Wright+soaking+up+the+sun.+
Leslie Wright
Ms. Wright soaking up the sun.

With a new year comes new people around Shadow Ridge. Wishing a warm welcome to the Mustang family, new assistant principal Leslie Wright joins the amazing Shadow Ridge administration crew. 

Wright is nothing short of experienced and has held many positions over the years. 

“In my career, I have previously held the positions of: English teacher, Stuco Adviser, Journalism Adviser, Yearbook Adviser, Learning Strategist, Creative Writing teacher,  Video Production teacher, and Middle School Assistant Principal,” says Wright. 

Adding to the list of skills Wright has acquired over the years she plays a large role in things going smoothly around The Ridge. Wright will be holding several more responsibilities to help the student body. 

Wright says, “Here at Shadow I will be in charge of Testing, LOU-ROS discipline, and New Teacher Mentoring.”

On top of her responsibilities at Shadow, Wright hopes to make a positive impact on the students at school.

“I hope to bring my love of building community and making people feel like they belong to Shadow Ridge,” Wright shares. 

Not only does Wright have many years of experience under her belt, she also has proven dedication through her many years of schooling to achieve her position. 

“I got my education at The University of North Texas in English, as well as Regis University where I got a Masters of Secondary Education and Nova Southeastern University where I got a Masters of School Administration,” says Wright.

Ms. Wright’s cute dog Max (Leslie Wright )

When Wright is not at school shaping the youth, she enjoys participating in several activities. 

Wright says, “In my free time I love to travel with my family, as well as research genealogy.”

When Wright is at home, she enjoys loving company from her furry friend Maxx. 

“My dog Maxx is my child,” says Wright. “He’s 9. He’s my cocker spaniel-beagle mix. I got him from one of my students when he was a puppy.”

After many years holding many positions, Wright made the right decision to return to working in a high school environment. 

“I wanted to return to high school and have always loved Shadow Ridge. I’m excited to be here and so happy to be part of this amazing school community,” Wright shares. 

Ms. Leslie Wright is a truly exceptional coworker who consistently brings a positive and enthusiastic energy to Shadow. Her dedication is inspiring, and her willingness to go the extra mile to help students and staff showcases her strong work ethic.

— Missy Shipp

View Comments (3)
Donate to The Lariat
$170
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Shadow Ridge High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.