The Movies We’ve All Been Waiting For

Movies have been around for centuries and continue to thrive more and more each year. With new adaptations of classics and new possibilities with the developments of technology, students are able to love their favorite movies once again. This year, there are some new movies being added to their series. Such as Kung Fu Panda 4, Despicable Me 4, Deadpool, and more. 

Kung Fu Panda 4 Cover (Courtesy of IMDb.com)

The Kung Fu Panda movies stars Jack Black as Po, the beloved Panda who masters the art of Kung Fu to become the Dragon Warrior he always dreamt of being as he worked in his father’s noodle restaurant. They continue the story in the second and third movies where the viewers see Po and his friends in a whole new light. In the third film, viewers get a chance to see more about Po’s background and how he ended up as Mr. Ping’s son while also getting to see his biological family and how much they missed their beloved son. Now, with the fourth movie on the way, the story continues to show Po’s progress as the Dragon Warrior and what he must do to train the new warrior when he is chosen to become the spiritual leader of the Valley of Peace. Some of the past actors will be returning to their beloved characters, however, there will also be many new characters that should hopefully become some new favorites. This film will be coming out March 8, 2024. 

A look into Wicked. (Courtesy of People.com)

A junior named Rylee Cainglet stated, “If I am being honest, it would be super cool if Kung Fu Panda 4 became a hit. It’s been in my childhood since forever and I would love to see it on the big screen once again. It also happens to come out on my birthday.” 

Another film soon to hit the big screen is Wicked. Wicked has been an all time musical classic favorite for years. The storyline follows the journey of the Wicked Witch of the West or otherwise known as Elphaba and how she became the witch all love to hate in its other storyline The Wizard of Oz. The film brings the story to new audiences and brings back the memories of those who saw the musical theater version. Glinda The Good Witch is portrayed by Ariana Grande and Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West is portrayed by Cynthia Erivo. This film will hit the movie theaters on November 27, 2024. 

Cainglet continues to state, “A movie that I am truly excited for that is coming out this year is Wicked. It was the first show that I saw on a stage with my grandma. It was an eye opening experience for me and I can’t wait to relive that joy I had as a child with this new film adaptation.” 

I don’t know what movie I’ll love the most or what character, but I am excited to see what will surprise me when I watch them with my family.

— Rylee Cainglet

There are so many movies that always continue to hit the big screen and some will never cease to disappoint new generations and older generations no matter how many times they watch it. Hopefully these new movies that are soon to come, will be part of those experiences.