Do’s and Don’ts For Senior Year

Courtesy of Petal Talk

Even though it seems like graduation for the class of 2025 is in the distant future, it’s coming up quicker than students think. Here are the things that students should do and shouldn’t do in preparation for their senior year. 

In order for students to prepare for life after high school, they need to figure out what path they’re going on first. They need to decide if they’d like to take a gap year, go straight into college, university, or trade school, or to go straight into the work force. 

Courtesy of Getty Images

If college is an option for students, they can research various options of colleges they’d like to go to, keeping their options open and ensuring that they meet the entry requirements. Not only should they look online, but they should visit the college itself as well to get a tour of the campus. This helps students have a preview of what they look forward to in college, and if it’s good for them.

“Work hard but live life to the fullest and make time for yourself too.”

— Eleen Norman

If fees are difficult to maintain for some, applying for scholarships and FAFSA is extremely important and reliable when searching for funds to aid schooling. Financial aid, loans, scholarships, and grants are students’ best friends in college. Scholarships can also personally apply to students themselves. There are several types of scholarships such as ones students can apply to because of their skills, their ethnic background, their athleticism, activities, and academics.

Nicholi Estala, junior, has already planned out what his next move is for the future, “I’m going to first, officially decide on the colleges I want to attend, and submit my applications, and prepare and enjoy my last year of high school.”

Courtesy of Inspirit AI

Some don’ts that seniors absolutely shouldn’t do are some things that students are already used to, but should get into the habit of not doing. To start off, procrastination. Sure, seniors will already be caught up in their senioritis, but that doesn’t mean the work stops there. The work will continue to pile up and will cause even more stress to students. Another thing some students do is posting random things. Sure, students can do whatever they want, but posting things that they’d regret will ruin their college admission chances. The last and very important thing that seniors need to do is to just have fun. Enjoy the final year of high school and make the very most of it. Students should take part in activities that they usually don’t participate in, and spend time with friends as much as possible.