The Student News Site of Shadow Ridge High School

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
Anthony Ford, Athletics Editor • May 15, 2021

Anthony and Dorian discussed the NBA's new play in the tournament and give their predictions if the NBA PLAYOFFS is all the way through the championships

Who is that Teachers Pet?
Who is that Teacher's Pet?
Carlee Stuart, Journalist • October 6, 2022

Often, teacher's pets can reveal a lot about a teacher. See if these pets really match the personality of the adults students find in front of...

APP CHAT
APP CHAT
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • October 2, 2020

Ms. Robertson enjoys her time finding the next big literary hit.
Book it to the Library
October 2, 2020

Join the Las Vegas public library in learning about, and celebrating, the depth and diversity of Black history using the Library District's FREE...

Instagrams To Follow
Instagrams To Follow
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • September 19, 2020

Instagram has undoubtedly become one of the most used social media platforms for people of all ages. The Lariat would like to showcase Instagram...

Dueling Restaurant’s: Tropical Smoothie vs. Jamba Juice

Dueling Restaurants: Tropical Smoothie vs. Jamba Juice

Smoothies are a delicious staple in anyone’s diet as they are a healthier alternative to a sweet refreshing treat to satisfy one’s taste buds. Tropical Smoothie and Jamba Juice are two very popular smoothie places with a variety of options to satisfy any smoothie lovers craving. 

Tropical Smoothie originated in Florida in 1993 and rapidly expanded to over 1,300 locations in the United States spanning from the east to the west coast. 

My drink from Tropical Smoothie (Karissa Murdoch )

Jamba Juice originated in California in 1990 and was originally named Juice Club but adopted the name Jamba Juice in 1995. Jamba Juice now has around 770 locations in the United States with Las Vegas being home to the most locations of any city. 

I first tried Tropical Smoothie and immediately upon arrival I was met with the weirdest shaped drive through ever but that is location specific. They also take orders inside where there are tables and chairs making it perfect for anyone who wants a quick smoothie or to take their time. 

When I went to Jamba Juice their drive through was nicely shaped with no rogue curbs. They also offered a place to order inside however they don’t have nearly the amount of tables as Tropical Smoothie. Either way, both were very pleasant service wise and had very respectful employees. 

From Tropical Smoothie I got a Bahama Mama but substituted the pineapple for banana and I paid $8.33 after tax and the portion sizes are pretty big. However, there is only one size meaning there is one option for price as well as no choice in size other than the kids menu which does offer a smaller size. Tropical Smoothie does also offer food options and they range from wraps and salads, to flatbreads.  

My drink from Jamba Juice (Karissa Murdoch )

From Jamba Juice I got a large strawberry banana smoothie and I paid $7.99 before tax. Jamba Juice does offer multiple sizes however their large size was comparable to the size of the Tropical Smoothie option. They also offer other food options such as acai bowls and more. 

When I first tried the Tropical Smoothie option I was instantly satisfied as the flavor was absolutely delicious. I was a big fan of the fact that they use real fruit and it tasted great. The texture was creamy and it was a very refreshing drink that I would drink any day of the week.

Jamba Juice was very good, however it tasted more like they used puree instead of the real fruit as it was sweeter and had a slightly artificial flavor. I would still drink Jamba Juice but if I had to choose I would definitely take a tropical smoothie. 

Overall I think I would give Jamba Juice a 7/10 and Tropical Smoothie a 9/10. 

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Lariat
$160
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Shadow Ridge High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.