The Student News Site of Shadow Ridge High School

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
Anthony Ford, Athletics Editor • May 15, 2021

Anthony and Dorian discussed the NBA's new play in the tournament and give their predictions if the NBA PLAYOFFS is all the way through the championships

Who is that Teachers Pet?
Who is that Teacher's Pet?
Carlee Stuart, Journalist • October 6, 2022

Often, teacher's pets can reveal a lot about a teacher. See if these pets really match the personality of the adults students find in front of...

APP CHAT
APP CHAT
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • October 2, 2020

Ms. Robertson enjoys her time finding the next big literary hit.
Book it to the Library
October 2, 2020

Join the Las Vegas public library in learning about, and celebrating, the depth and diversity of Black history using the Library District's FREE...

Instagrams To Follow
Instagrams To Follow
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • September 19, 2020

Instagram has undoubtedly become one of the most used social media platforms for people of all ages. The Lariat would like to showcase Instagram...

The Music Industry

Music Tornado (Wired)
Music Tornado (Wired)

As a kid, many wish to grow up to be a pop star with thousands if not millions of fans screaming their name as they walk onto the stage. And now, many are following that dream as they are entering the music world. 

Musicians have been popping up just about everywhere. During quarantine, many people found their voices in music to pass the more boring hours of the day. Young adults and teens have music on apps such as Spotify sharing their music with the world. Nowadays, it’s much easier to promote music and to share songs. Everything is right at the fingertips with the internet growing more every day. 

Many artists started their music careers after being introduced to the celebrity realm as a child actress/actor.

The album that started Rodrigo’s music career. (Kraft Music)

Olivia Rodrigo was just an actress before her hit song Driver’s License. She was one of the main leads on hit Disney shows such as Bizaardvark and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. After getting her Driver’s License, her life completely changed. After all, no one fully expects to be such a huge success, one could only hope for such things. 

However, none of this could fully happen without the world of streaming. Due to streaming apps, musicians have been getting newfound credit. Younger generations can access music from the past and older generations can access the nostalgic music they used to love. 

Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Demi Lovato were also child actresses who later became famous in the music realm. Even during their Disney eras, they had some good hits too. They did, however, hit some rough patches along the way.

“You could change your hair, and you could change your clothes. You can change your mind, that’s just the way it goes. You can say ‘goodbye’, and you can say ‘hello’. But you’ll always find your way back home,” Miley Cyrus from Hannah Montana the Movie. 

Listening to the great tunes. (Rate your Music)

Music is something that everyone shares. People can say they don’t like music. But that also might be because they haven’t found the song, band, or artist that truly speaks to them. It takes years to find that one special song. Music has been expressed in numerous cultures since the beginning of time. It’s special, and hopefully, it will never fade out. But with these new artists popping up, that probably won’t ever be the case. 

And to those new singers who are scared to be themselves in this world, keep singing. 

“No matter what people think of you, always keep singing your own song,” Tiny Buddha.

This poll has ended.

Who was your favorite artist mentioned?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.