Senior Students Experience the Magic: A Disneyland GradNite Adventure

Missy Shipp
Seniors lined up to pay for GradNite

On Saturday, May 10th, 2024 Shadow Ridge High School is hosting GradNite at Disneyland to celebrate graduation for all seniors eligible to go.

On Friday, May 9th at 3 am all seniors will meet at the school and take a bus to California. Students will get to spend the whole day in both California Adventure and Disneyland and at 9 pm California Adventure will close to the public and all students will get private access. Students get to spend until 1:30 am in the park and then a bus will take students back to campus.

Ellie Fisher, a senior at Shadow Ridge High School stated, “I think this trip sounds so fun, we get to hang out with all our friends all day and get private access to California Adventure which we are never going to be able to do again.”

Seniors paying for GradNite (Missy Shipp)

This trip is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for seniors to attend and students get to experience itwith all of their friends which makes it even better.

“I have never been to Disneyland so I am really excited to go all day and get private access, hopper tickets, transportation, t-shirts, and more for only $350, which sounds like a perfect deal especially if I am allowed to pay in portions,” said Kase Cooper, a senior at Shadow Ridge.

So much comes with the price for GradNite and if students are not able to pay $350 in full they are allowed to put $100 as a down payment and finish payments by April 2nd which makes it super flexible for all students wanting to come.

Olivia Garfield, a senior who attends Shadow Ridge said, “I think going on my own would be much better, I don’t have to ride a bus and follow school rules and instead just buy my own two- day hopper tickets and just go with my friends then.”

This is true and students can go on their own time, but students are getting so many benefits and special access to things that they would not get if they went on their own time with also such a low price.

“I think this is a part of being a senior and all students eligible should go so they don’t miss out on anything in their last year of high school,” said Desirae Knoble, a senior attending Shadow Ridge.

This is a senior’s last year of high school and why not make the most of it by going to the happiest place on earth with all their friends.