Teaching The Future of Our Society

Courtesy of Teaching Channel

The future of society is coming up with the upcoming graduates. Students from all over the world will soon be studying in their career field to take the roles of the next generation. Teachers use innovative ways to keep the attention of their students to fulfill them with all the necessary information they need.

Courtesy of Getty Images

The 3 ways of learning are, visual, and auditory. They are key parts to take into consideration to teach students. Teachers on the other hand have made their own way of teaching, incorporating new ideas and adding their personal touch. Because of this, students are more guaranteed to succeed in their classroom and pass the same knowledge to the next known professionals of the world.

The benefits of  successful students will further modern technology and knowledge of the world. They’ll have the most up-to-date knowledge and critical thinking skills. This will help them tackle complex challenges and make new solutions in their fields of study such as technology, healthcare, engineering, and many more. 

Amber Smith, the Anatomy and Physiology teacher says, “I really try to make my classrooms as student-centered as possible. I want my students to become the masters of their own education and to have a feeling of ownership over what happens in the classroom and what they get out of the class. In addition to teaching science content, my goal is to create lifelong learners who are inquisitive, curious, and always questioning what is happening around them. We help create this ownership by allowing students to explore new content through labs, dissections, and case studies, as well as presenting students with opportunities to complete extra assignments throughout the semester to earn “Reward Points” that they can cash in at any time for extra credit, unlocking locked assignments, etc. This system puts all of the effort on the student to complete additional learning activities and gives them more ownership of their grade in my class. We also use standard-based grading in our classes to more accurately communicate with students which skills they have mastered and which ones they haven’t. All summative-standards are worth the same amount of points in the gradebook and all formative learning activities are worth the same amount of points, that way one test or one assignment will not make or break a student’s grade. This also forces us as the teachers to be very discerning over which assignments we want to count as formatives and which ones are purely just learning activities. We try to shift the focus from just “earning points” for doing assignments to actually learning the material.”

Courtesy of Money Crashers

This year’s graduates and more future graduates are very tech-savvy, and are able to adapt to new conditions in which they could efficiently thrive in their different working environments and positions, which would beneficially be the role of leadership. 

“I think we have such a huge responsibility teaching our future society because the habits and experiences and associations that our students create now will shape the adults they are going to become. Their experiences will determine their attitudes about school, learning, and their perspective of the world. It’s our responsibility as educators to make those experiences and relationships as positive as possible to create a society that values education, learning, and curiosity. Even with this tremendous responsibility, it never feels like a burden to me to build those relationships and experiences for my students. It feels like a privilege,” Mrs. Smith says.

Students who pursue their career field will be able to contribute their own perspectives and shape the future of society for a positive change.

View Comments (1)
$170
$500