Behind the Scenes in SRHS StuCo

Student Council preparing for an assembly

In Student Council at SRHS, the students have the opportunity to represent their classmates and make a positive impact on Shadow Ridge’s community. Students in Student Council are involved in planning events like Homecoming and spirit weeks. It is a great way to develop leadership skills, make new, long lasting friends, and have a voice in shaping the high school experience at Shadow Ridge. 

Sophomore Courtney Howard states, “I wanted to join the Student Council to make new friends who have the same motives as me, like getting involved in the school. What I love most about Student Council is the opportunity to help and advocate for others in this school.”

Howard highlights the importance of Student Council and the impact that it can have on the school’s community. She has the opportunity to meet new people, who are equally as enthusiastic about helping others. Student Council allows her to connect with like-minded individuals who share the same passion for making a difference. By actively participating and lending a hand, she not only contributes to making positive changes, but also enjoys helping others. 

Freshman Lynlee Crnkovic stated, “I wanted to join Student Council because it looks good for colleges. I also wanted to join because of friends, and I thought it sounded fun. I think that it was so worth it, and it turned out to be everything I thought it would be, and more.”

Preparing for an assembly

They both see how Student Council is very important not only to the school and students, but also is important to them now and in their lives after high school.

Crnkovic continues, “I like Student Council because it feels like we’re all one big family. I love being able to work with everyone. I also love how we all get along despite our differences.”

She places emphasis on the hidden joys she has found since joining Student Council. By being a part of Student Council, Crnkovic has found a sense of purpose and accomplishment in making a positive impact on her school’s community. She talks about how everyone comes together, working towards a common goal and supporting each other along the way. Student Council creates an atmosphere with a sense of unity and inclusivity, they place importance on leading by example and caring for the school and everybody within it.  

Howard reiterates this by saying, “The most important thing about Student Council is caring for the school and the students in the school.”