Graduation Guidelines

Karissa Guthrie

The graduation invitation sent out via parent email

Attention all Shadow Ridge 2023 graduates: the graduation ceremony will be held at the Thomas and Mack Center on May 24th! The ceremony will begin at 12 PM but students have to check in at the Thomas and Mack Center at 11 AM. 

The week before graduation, seniors should focus on tying up loose ends and returning any materials they may still have or paying their fines if they no longer have them. If a student has any unpaid fines, they will not be able to receive their diploma. 

Fines may be from things such as textbooks, library books, AP tests, dual credit classes or Chromebooks and Chromebook chargers. Chromebooks may be returned up until the last school day of the year, as students may still need to use them up until that point.

“Students can pay fines in the school bank, and return materials to their teachers, or in the library,” says Brandi Robertson, librarian.

If students are unsure about fines, they can check in with the librarian or the banker.

On Monday, May 22nd, seniors must attend the Grad Rehearsal in the gym in order to receive their tickets. Students should check in at the cafeteria at 11:30 AM to receive their Line Up Cards, but the actual grad practice begins at 12 PM. 

On graduation day, graduates must follow all CCSD guidelines, including the dress code. Female students are recommended to wear dress pants or dresses as well as dress shoes. Male students are recommended to wear dark slacks, a dress shirt, and dark dress shoes (a tie is preferred.) However long as attire is professional and appropriate, gender isn’t really a factor. 

Graduates will not be able to bring cell phones, cameras, papers, or purses. There will be nowhere to store any belongings and students will not be permitted entry with them.

Class of 2023: you are amazing! (Karissa Guthrie)

Students also can NOT throw caps, as there is another graduation directly after Shadow Ridge’s, and they will not have time to clean up.

Students’ names must be written neatly inside their cap to present to staff in exchange for their diploma after the ceremony is over. If the name doesn’t match the diploma, then the diploma will be held.

Seniors, it’s time to get officially ready for graduation! It’s been a long four years, but you did it!

“I am ecstatic to graduate with my fellow classmates!” says Mikayla Maluyo, senior. “Although it is sad to see them go, I am excited to see what our class will accomplish.”