On the Ice

Liam Guthrie, Journalist

The National Hockey League playoffs are kicking off and its about to get serious. There are a ton of good teams in the playoffs but its really up in the air as any team can win The Stanley Cup, but it looks like the Colorado Avalanche have the best chance to win.  The Avalanche seems to be the most explosive team that can get up and down the ice quicker than their opponents.

Hockey Analyst Christian Burn said, ”The oddsmakers have made some adjustments to their list of teams they deem as having the best chances to win a Cup. For example, the Golden Knights entered the season with one of the lowest odds of winning it all, but they failed to make postseason. Meanwhile, teams like the Avalanche entered the season as favorites and remain as so with postseason play getting underway.”

The Colorado Avalanche are a great team and are a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs.  It will be hard for any time to beat them in a 7 game series.

This poll has ended.

NHL or NBA

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Kings insider Ryan Golberg said, ”The Los Angeles Kings have unexpectedly won the Stanley Cup before. They can do it again. The odds are against the Kings, who enter the Stanley Cup Playoffs as the No. 3 seed in the Pacific Division after clinching a postseason berth for the first time since 2018. But Los Angeles was also a long shot 10 years ago when it entered as the No. 8 seed in the Western Conference and rolled to its first Stanley Cup championship by going 16-4.The Kings have surprised some already by qualifying for the playoffs this season with a rebuilding team that had 11 rookies play at least one game, including 20-year-old forward Aurther Kailey, who had 27 points (14 goals, 13 assists) in 80 games, and 23-year-old defenseman Sean Durdi, who had 27 points (three goals, 24 assists) in 64 games and picked up the slack after Drew Doughty sustained a season-ending wrist injury March 7.”

The Los Angeles Kings are a known organization and historically a hockey program where there is a culture of winning.  Will history repeat itself?

Skyler Anderson Cadwallader Middle School student and Vegas Jr Knights hockey player said, ”Colorado and Florida have been two of the best teams all season. The Panthers earned the Presidents’ Trophy as the team with the best regular-season record. The Avalanche are the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference. The avalanche are my second favorite team behind the Golden Knights and will do some damage. They are currently up 3-0 and have been winning every game very easy.  They just look unstoppable at this point in the season.”

There are a ton of good teams in this years playoffs but the Avalanche just look like they are playing their best hockey at the right time. They also have one of the best players in  Nathan MacKinnon who is a beast on defense and one of the hardest hitters in the NH.

The NHL prized possession, The Stanley Cup. (Photo Courtesy Of: Google Images)