Godzilla vs. Kong

Warner Bros.

Godzilla and Kong Clash, Photo Courtesy of: Warner Bros.

Matthew Boughter, Journalist

Last Sunday, the trailer for Godzilla vs. Kong was released and it already has over 43 million views. The 2-minute trailer is filled with explosions, devastation, and insane fights between Godzilla and Kong. In past Godzilla movies, Godzilla swoops in to save the day, but it seems that this time, he’s the threat and Kong is the one who is tasked with defending humanity.

This movie is definitely a big deal. It’s been almost 50 years since the last time that Kong and Godzilla have clashed in movies. Monster movie fans all over the world are excited and can’t wait for the movie to release.

“I’m super hyped about the movie. Not many great films have come out during quarantine and this one definitely looks promising,” exclaims Cameron Meyer.

The two most powerful forces of nature clash on the big screen in a spectacular battle for the ages.

— Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. has even described the movie as, “The two most powerful forces of nature clash on the big screen in a spectacular battle for the ages.”

Kong Fights Godzilla in the City, Photo Courtesy of: Bounding into Comics

Students are already taking sides and placing bets on who will win. Sebastian Limongi says, “I think Kong is going to win because he’s smarter and more agile. Plus, he is working with the humans, who are actively working against Godzilla.”

Others feel that Godzilla is the clear winner in the fight. “I think Godzilla is going to win because he’s an alien and Kong is just a big monkey. Although Kong is strong, I think he stands no chance,” refutes Trevor Wiseman.

The movie is set to release in theaters and HBO Max on March 31st of this year and fans are  on the edge of their seats. Regardless of the victor, this movie will be legendary.