Top of the Game: Nikki Turner Scores Athletic Director of the Year

Nikki Turner
The awesome Nikki Turner with fellow Mustang Karissa Guthrie
Award winning athletic director Nikki Turner

At Shadow Ridge, Mustangs represent excellence from top to bottom. On the athletics end not only are the athletes exemplary, but also the staff. With the utmost pride, Shadow Ridge is lucky to be home to the amazing athletic director Nikki Turner. Turner was awarded for her amazing work keeping the ball rolling behind the scenes for all things Mustang athletics. 

“I was named the 4A/5A Athletic Director of the Year for 2023-2024 by the Nevada Athletic Directors Association,” Turner said. 

Turner graciously accepted this award accompanied by a fun night celebrating all things Nevada athletics. 

“I was presented the award at the Nevada State Athletic Director Conference during the Awards Ceremony,” Turner shares. 

While it may not come as any surprise given how totally awesome Turner is leading Mustang athletics through its undeniable success, she was incredibly stunned to be receiving this complete honor of an award. 

“I felt surprised and humbled to receive this recognition. I wasn’t expecting it at all,” Turner adds. 

To many this award may seem out of reach but to Turner and her peers it was well deserved for her countless hours and amounts of dedication by simply doing her job the best she can. 

Turner says, “Showing consistency and effort in my role as an athletic director leads to getting this award. The nomination comes from other athletic directors and administrators in the state.”

Turner’s humble attitude and hard work is the reason she was deemed the top dog of athletic directors, however to her it was following her heart and doing what she does best. 

“I don’t feel that I am the best of the best. I feel that I do my job well and am someone who is always willing to help others who are new to my position,” adds Turner. 

Her tenacity won her this incredible award, however the most rewarding part for her is knowing her hard work has not gone unnoticed. 

“The most rewarding part is having my hard work recognized,” Turner says. 

Undeniably, this award calls for some major bragging rights but Turner is reluctant to use them given her modest demeanor. 

“I have not used my bragging rights hahaha…I am a humble person and don’t look for the spotlight,” shares Turner. 

Turner takes pride in showing up for the Mustang family everyday.  

“I am so excited to be a part of Shadow Ridge Athletics. We have great programs and I am happy to represent our school in a positive way,” says Turner. 

With gratitude and pride, Shadow Ridge is proud to recognize the stellar staff members who make everything possible. Congratulations Mrs. Turner, way to make the Mustangs proud.