The Student News Site of Shadow Ridge High School

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
Anthony Ford, Athletics Editor • May 15, 2021

Anthony and Dorian discussed the NBA's new play in the tournament and give their predictions if the NBA PLAYOFFS is all the way through the championships

Who is that Teachers Pet?
Who is that Teacher's Pet?
Carlee Stuart, Journalist • October 6, 2022

Often, teacher's pets can reveal a lot about a teacher. See if these pets really match the personality of the adults students find in front of...

APP CHAT
APP CHAT
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • October 2, 2020

Ms. Robertson enjoys her time finding the next big literary hit.
Book it to the Library
October 2, 2020

Join the Las Vegas public library in learning about, and celebrating, the depth and diversity of Black history using the Library District's FREE...

Instagrams To Follow
Instagrams To Follow
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • September 19, 2020

Instagram has undoubtedly become one of the most used social media platforms for people of all ages. The Lariat would like to showcase Instagram...

New Album “Stick Season” Leaves Fans Stunned

The+Album+Cover+for+Stick+Season+%28Forever%29+%28Courtesy+of+Amazon+Music%29+
The Album Cover for Stick Season (Forever) (Courtesy of Amazon Music)

Beloved singer and songwriter Noah Kahan released his most famous album Stick Season in October 2022. This ever-so-popular album became a hit all across America and touched the hearts of his fans and those who listened. On February 9th, 2024, he made beautiful additions to the masterpiece of an album. He added a song called “Forever” hence the new album Stick Season (Forever) as well as the previous songs in the album but now with collaborations with other famous artists. These artists are Post Malone, Lizzy McAlpine, Kacey Musgraves, Hoizer, Gracie Abrams, Sam Fender, Brandi Carlile, and Gregory Alan Isakov. Kahan has made his new album available for all to listen to on many music streaming platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, Pandora Music, Amazon Music, and more.

Noah Kahan live in Philadelphia (Courtesy of Haste Magazine)

Kahan has said many times how he always knew Stick Season was not complete yet. The additions he made in his album speak to the changes in his life within the last couple of years. His album made such an impact that he was nominated for “Best New Artist” in the most recent 2024 Grammys. Kahan worked on this new album for many months, taking time to perfect every collaboration. His tireless work paid off to bring about the stunning music heard within the album.

Autumn Ahlstrom, Shadow Ridge 11th grader describes, “Noah Kahan’s new album is definitely a favorite of mine already. His lyrics are perfectly written to describe life’s beauties and challenges.”

Kahan points out in his music both melancholy and happiness, something that not a lot of artists like to differentiate.

Monet Petterson, a Shadow Ridge 11th grader says, “‘Forever’ by Noah Kahan is so soothing and peaceful. The song itself has a personal message and is extremely catchy. I also love all of the collabs he did and it makes those songs all the better.”

Noah Kahan when he was younger with big dreams (Courtesy of Unclear Magazine)

Kahan aims in all his songs, to provide relatable lyrics along with memorable instrumentals and tunes to create unique music designed for everyone to enjoy.

Junior at Shadow Ridge, Kaitlyn Rice adds, “I love the new song ‘Forever’ by Noah because it shows how much he genuinely loves his work and how much time he puts into every song. I can picture this song in my head and it truly shows how people can go through hard things but in the end, it’s going to be okay. I know personally that I can relate to his songs and it makes it so much more meaningful.”

Kahan puts his heart and soul into every song and his fans like Rice can tell! Every piece of music is art that speaks to the hearts of those who give it a listen.

Bayli Councill, Shadow Ridge Senior, gives insight, “‘Forever’ is a beautiful song that I have been waiting to come out for weeks. I’ve been hearing it all over TikTok for a while. It’s super catchy and has lyrics that are relatable to many people. I definitely recommend it to everyone.”

Devoted listeners like Council were ecstatic for Kahan to finally release his music he had been teasing his audience with.