Lainey Wilson Takes on Vegas

Lainey Wilson in concert Photo Courtesy of: Alyvia Mezyed

Superstar country singer and Yellowstone actor Lainey Wilson performed in Las Vegas at the Virgin Hotel theater from Dec 15-Dec 17. The 7x CMA Award winner performed her hit singles and highlighted her albums “Sayin’ What I’m Thinkin’ “ and “Bell Bottom Country”. Her shows at Virgin exceeded expectations, putting the country star front and center of Vegas entertainment during her stay.

Junior Katie Yant states, “It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to! It was my first concert in Vegas and I can’t wait to go see her again.”

Fans cannot get enough of Wilson and have taken to social media to voice their positive opinions about the concert.

Lainey Wilson in concert
Photo Courtesy of: Alyvia Mezyed

Before coming to perform at the Virgin Hotels theater and the Nationals Final Rodeo in Las Vegas, Lainey had just completed being a guest on a fellow country music artist tour HARDY. On this tour they performed a hit song called ‘wait in the truck” which was released in the year prior. Wait in the truck has won two CMA awards, a people’s choice, and a CMT award.

Senior Natalie Sullivan states, ”Personally, I got to go to attend HARDY’s concert and was shocked by how beautiful Lainey’s voice was. She has a very special voice that pairs really well with HARDY’s and it made for a really great night.”

Lainey’s voice is truly unique compared to country artists. It has hints of Southern accent but is truly unique thanks to the town she grew up in, a small Northern Louisiana town called Baskin.

Lainey Wilson in concert
Photo Courtesy of: Alyvia Mezyed

Wilson also opened up round nine of the Nationals Final Rodeo also known as “NFR” hosted in Las Vegas on December 15th. She performed a song off of her new album “ Bell-bottom country” called wildflowers and wild horses.

High school teacher and flag football coach Mrs. Pisciotta states, “I was watching her on the Tv, and Lainey still sounded amazing.”

Fans continue to rave through all social media platforms about how great of a performance Wilson puts on. Her voice sounding great from recordings to singing live her voice takes everyone by surprise.

Wilson is not only popular for her voice, she also acts in the very popular neo-western show Yellowstone. Her character, Abby, stole the hearts of Yellowstone viewers in the season premiere of Season 5.

Senior Austin Kovene states, “Abby was my favorite character in the show. Her singing in the episodes really showed me how talented Lainey is as a singer. I haven’t been able to stop listening to her music.”

Some of Wilson’s songs are featured on the Yellowstone soundtrack all the way back in Season 2 of the hit show. In the few episodes that featured Abby, her relationship with character Ryan heated up and left fans on an emotional rollercoaster. Fans have been dying for Wilson’s return on the show and might be in store for a new storyline involving Abby really soon.