Setting the Scene for a New Season in Men’s Volleyball

Shadow Ridge men’s volleyball state championship game 2023! (Courtesy of: Coach Luke Wilson)

Following their streak of back-to-back state championship titles, Shadow Ridge men’s volleyball is making a strong comeback, as student athletes are working hard to prepare for the season to come!

Intramurals have officially begun, with head coach, Luke Wilson, coaching the men’s volleyball team for the past eight years, preparing these Mustangs for upcoming tryouts. Intramurals will continue throughout February, providing the opportunity for anyone interested to practice one-on-one with Shadow Ridge coaches.

Coach Wilson states, “Intramurals are currently going on right now. We have intramural dates that include February 6th, February 12th, February 13th, February 14th, and our preseason camp on February 15th and 16th this year.”

With intramurals going all throughout February, Shadow Ridge men’s volleyball welcomes anyone interested, with any level of prior experience in volleyball. Shadow Ridge volleyball coaches will help prepare athletes for tryouts, working with each student individually to build up their abilities to reach their full potential.

The student section at the Shadow Ridge men’s volleyball state championship game 2023! (Courtesy of: Coach Luke Wilson)

“Boys volleyball is a unique sport where you don’t have to have prior experience to be able to come and try out. Anyone is welcome, and we teach everyone the sport from the ground up. Men’s volleyball is the fastest growing male sport in the country right now. Coming to intramurals will get you a little bit of experience before our tryouts on February 20th,” Coach Wilson expresses.

For student athletes interested in trying out for men’s volleyball at Shadow Ridge this year, intramurals is the perfect place to be. Participating in intramurals will help players gain prior experience and understanding of the basics of volleyball, in order to better prepare for this year’s upcoming season! Not only will students get to work with coaches, but they will also get the chance to play and work alongside players from previous years.

Coach Wilson explains, “Athletes who come out and participate in intramurals learn about the fundamentals of multiple different levels. In the first part of intramurals, we combine all athletes, and the returning players get to work one-on-one with the new-to-my-program players. It is a great learning experience for the program, and allows for more experienced players to help assist any athletes new to the sport.”

Joining intramurals is a great way to start the season for both new and returning players, looking for additional practice to get a head start on the new season.