Upcoming Sporting Events

Alyssa Nibert
One of the entrances to the Raider’s Stadium

In the near future there will be so many upcoming sporting events across the nation. Football is one of the biggest sports in America. American football is an exhilarating sport that has captured the hearts of millions across the United States. With its intense physicality, strategic gameplay, and passionate fans, this year’s football season is going to be amazing. This year the first Super Bowl in Las Vegas will be held. 

The top teams from AFC and NFC will battle it out for the coveted Lombardi Trophy. It’s always a thrilling game filled with amazing plays and halftime performances by some of the most popular artists in America. Football fans can look forward to an amazing game with fun and excitement. Though it seems like it’s far away, tickets are already selling. 

Super Bowl LVIII
This countdown has now ended

“I’m ready for the Super Bowl here in Las Vegas. My dad and I have always wanted to go together but we never wanted to drive super far away,” said Luke Apple, sophomore.

Many people in Las Vegas have wanted to go to a Super Bowl for a long time. They just never wanted to drive far, luckily now the Super Bowl will be close.

College basketball is an exciting sport that captivates fans all across the country. With its fast- paced actions, intense rivalries, and thrilling March Madness tournament, college basketball has become a beloved tradition for everyone. One of the most exciting aspects of college basketball is the passion and dedication of the fans. 

From the student sections going wild with chants and cheers to the alumni who proudly support their alma mater, the atmosphere at college basketball games is electric. The players themselves are also a big part of what makes college basketball so special. These young athletes showcase their skills and determination on the court, striving for victory and the chance to make a name for themselves. Many future NBA stars have honed their skills in college basketball, making it a must-watch for basketball enthusiasts. 

Picture of a basketball hoop (Alyssa Nibert)

“I hope that one day I am able to play college ball, and get a full ride scholarship to a really good school. It’s always been a big dream of mine to play in the NBA as well,” Emmitt Bell, sophomore stated.  

But definitely one of the best parts of college basketball is March Madness.

College basketball fans mark their calendars for March 2024. The NCAA men’s basketball tournament will showcase the best teams from across the country competing for the national championship. The intensity and unpredictability of the games make it a must- watch event. 

“March Madness is something that my family and I  watch every year. It’s a family tradition that we all get together and watch it and eat good food and lots of snacks,” said Harley Pinoke, sophomore. 

Whether they’re die-hard fans or just enjoy the thrill of the game, college basketball offers something for everyone. 

The Golden Knights hockey team is a force to be reckoned with in the NHL. As the first major professional sports team in Las Vegas, they have quickly become a beloved part of the city’s sports culture. The T-Mobile Arena, their home stadium, is always buzzing with energy during game nights. The atmosphere is electric as fans cheer on their favorite players and celebrate every goal. The Golden Knights have created a true home-ice advantage, making it a tough place for visiting teams to play. Games are constantly being played and tickets are always on sale. 

“I was surprised when the Golden Knights came out and won the Stanley Cup, but now they are my favorite team, and I go to almost every game whenever I can with my parents,” said sophomore Alyssa Goldstein. 

With their exciting style of play and passionate fan base, the Golden Knights have quickly become one of the most exciting teams in the NHL.