The Student News Site of Shadow Ridge High School

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Lariat

The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
The Dive In: NBA PLAYOFFS
Anthony Ford, Athletics Editor • May 15, 2021

Anthony and Dorian discussed the NBA's new play in the tournament and give their predictions if the NBA PLAYOFFS is all the way through the championships

Who is that Teachers Pet?
Who is that Teacher's Pet?
Carlee Stuart, Journalist • October 6, 2022

Often, teacher's pets can reveal a lot about a teacher. See if these pets really match the personality of the adults students find in front of...

APP CHAT
APP CHAT
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • October 2, 2020

Ms. Robertson enjoys her time finding the next big literary hit.
Book it to the Library
October 2, 2020

Join the Las Vegas public library in learning about, and celebrating, the depth and diversity of Black history using the Library District's FREE...

Instagrams To Follow
Instagrams To Follow
Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor • September 19, 2020

Instagram has undoubtedly become one of the most used social media platforms for people of all ages. The Lariat would like to showcase Instagram...

Usher Halftime Performance Announced

Usher performance announcement via Apple Music Photo Courtesy of; Google Images

Every year, the Super Bowl is one of, if not the most viewed event of the year. Not only because of the exciting football, rivalries and championships but also because of its iconic Super Bowl HalfTime Show. This year, Apple Music will sponsor its second Halftime show, after last year’s iconic Rihanna performance. Apple Music, ROC Nation, and the NFL announced on the 24th that the 2024 performer would be Usher which will be held locally, at Allegiant Stadium.

“It’s an honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can’t wait to bring the world a show unlike anything else they’ve seen from me before,” said Usher. “Thank you to the fans and everyone who made this opportunity happen. I’ll see you real soon.”

Usher with his Grammy Awards Photo Courtesy of: Google Images

Usher is an icon of the R&B genre and he kick started his career by releasing his self-titled debut album in 1994. In the late ’90s and early ’00s was when Usher solidified himself as one of the best artists of the era. He had 4 Hot 100 number one singles, which include classics like Yeah!, My Boo, Burn and Confessions Part II. He has earned the title of King of R&B by multiple outlets and a international superstar with 80 million records sold internationally which makes him one of the best selling musical artists of all time.

The performance was announced through several videos via Apple Music. Each featuring a young Usher, from the Confessions Part II music video, on the phone with celebrities like Marshawn Lynch, Kim Kardashian and even, his future self calling to tell him he is going to be performing at the halftime show.

Recently, the NFL has been gaining way more traction. In addition to the halftime show announcement, Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and singer Taylor Swift have been fueling romance rumors between the two. Kelce’s jersey saw a 400% spike in sales after Swift was seen at a Chiefs game. In addition Ushers music saw a 16% spike in streams since the announcements.

The Super Bowl game will be held February 11th, 2024 at Las Vegas’ very own Allegiant Stadium. “Being named a Super Bowl host city is a defining moment in the history of Las Vegas,” said Steve Hill, CEO and president of the LVCVA. “An event of this magnitude combined with the energy of Las Vegas is going to be unmatched. Our entire city is committed to making Super Bowl LVIII the most electrifying sports spectacle ever. The NFL has been an incredible partner, and we look forward to working with their team, the Host Committee and our partners across our destination to showcase Las Vegas as ‘The Greatest Arena on Earth’.”