Ocean Prime in Las Vegas

Ocean Prime design Las Vegas

Julia Willhite, Journalist

Since the opening of their first restaurants in 1994 in Columbus, Ohio, Cameron Mitchell Restaurants (CMR) has gone on to open 41 establishments all throughout the country. Eighteen of these restaurants are known as Ocean Prime inspired by Cameron Mitchell’s “The Ocean Club” restaurants. After Ocean Prime’s first restaurant opened in Troy, Michigan in 2008, the franchise has spread to many notable locations including Beverly Hills, California and New York, New York. This Spring, CMR has plans to open right on the Las Vegas Strip at the corner of Las Vegas Boulevard and Harmon Avenue as the rooftop anchor restaurant of 63, a four-story shopping mall being constructed in the area.

This poll has ended.

What would you get on the Ocean Prime menu?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

According to Ocean Prime’s website, the $20M Las Vegas location will include “over 14,000 square feet with a nearly 2,500 square-foot rooftop terrace, and will include over 400 seats, three bars, and three private dining rooms.” This whole restaurant has been designed by nationally renowned designer Karen Herold, Principal of Studio K. Her designs are meant to develop a sophisticated presence, while being welcoming and warm at the same time. 

The menu will include an assortment of different cuts of steak, as well as seafood, including food on the more modern side such as sushi and signature cocktails. They will also be offering “made-from-scratch” desserts.

Ocean Prime menu spotlight

Whatever guests order, however, the restaurant promises that the best quality service is to be expected at all times. On the Ocean Prime website it states, “The company cares deeply about delivering authentic hospitality and believes that every member of the team is essential to creating a memorable Ocean Prime experience. Ocean Prime empowers associates to say ‘Yes is the answer. What is the question?’” 

Sophomore Maya Garay, a genuine foodie, is intrigued by the new restaurant, especially the desserts.

“The entire restaurant gives off such a grand feel to it. From the expansive restaurant to the amazing design, there is no doubt in my mind that all the rich people in town will be dying to get in,” Garay explained. “Although I’m not a big fan of chocolate, I’m seriously interested in the kinds of desserts that will be available in the restaurant.”

Junior Emma Clement shares the same level of enthusiasm with the grand design of the restaurant. 

“A rooftop spot with the lights of the Strip would be a seriously amazing experience, especially paired with what I assume would be amazing food,” Clement stated. “I still can’t believe that it’s going to be inside of a brand new mall.”