Is It So Marvel-ous Anymore?

Photo Courtesy of: Google Images

Marvel’s Multiverse of Madness

Lila Brough, Journalist

Phase four of Marvel is said to be one of the most controversial phases within the MCU. With around six movies, eight shows, and 11 others coming out in the next few years, Marvel fans are constantly ready for the next story of heroism. Fans loved the past three phases, and some have truly embraced the new characters and stories within phase four, while others aren’t so sure.

Students like Jenna Jones, a senior at Shadow Ridge, don’t agree or find the shows and movies as entertaining as they were in the past. While she does like specific movies like, “Spider man: No Way Home” it is very pick and choose.

“I think that the movies…in phase four lack a good story, sensible plots, and the morals that it once had,” Jones explains. 

She believes that they are progressively getting more violent and that without their creator, Stan Lee, it will only get worse.

“It brings a lot to the table with ‘Black Widow’ and ‘Loki’ giving us a new perspective.”

— Braxton Fletcher

Junior Mallory Thompson agrees that the MCU is not what it once was. Thompson believes that because of the loss of many of the old characters the franchise’s popularity is slowly decreasing.

“I feel like it’ll eventually end up like “Star Wars.” They keep releasing new movies, because the fan base is huge and will always pay to see them regardless of how bad they are,” Thompson states.

But she can’t deny that she loved most of the phase four movies, and neither can sophomores Grace Marino and Braxton Fletcher.

“I love the new characters, especially MoonKnight. The funny dynamic duo is priceless,” Fletcher said. 

Marino too loves the new characters including those in “Black Widow,” “Shang Chi,” “SpiderMan: No Way Home,” and “Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness.” She loves the way they introduced Yelena Belova, Natasha Romanoff’s younger sister. Although she and Fletcher liked the movies, they couldn’t help but feel they were rushed.

“I feel like if they don’t slow it down and polish the scenes a bit more, then they will get worse. If not then it’s got a bright future,” Fletcher explains

As phase four continues so will the overall opinions from the public. While some may dislike the concepts and story lines, fans are definitely on the edge of their seats as the new movies and shows are released. 

Marino states, “I think the MCU is branching out, and is preparing for new things to come.”