Huge Anticipation for the Caped Crusader

Google Images

The new Robert Pattinson Bat-Suit lookin good.

Spencer Corbett, Broadcast Journalim Editor

Fans have been waiting to see The Batman for almost two years now, so there is no shortage of anticipation for the film. Next month, on March 4th, it will finally hit the big screen

Ever since the first teaser for the movie back in 2020, Batman fans have been on their toes waiting for every bit of information about this movie that they can get. Batman fans are lucky though as they normally don’t have to wait too long to see their favorite character portrayed on screen. Even with that though it has been ten years since his last solo film.

Google Images

Sophomore Grayson Tressler stated, “I can’t wait for the next Batman movie I really enjoyed the last Batman solo franchise movies with Christian Bale and I was a moderate fan of Ben Affleck’s take on the character. I’m excited to see what Robert Pattinson can do.”

Tressler also stated how Batman is his favorite comic book character. During the first teasers for the movie, fans expressed some dislike for the suit that would be used in the movie but later down the line the fans warmed up to the idea of seeing a new adaptation of the suit on screen. The villains in the movie consist of, the Riddler, the Penguin, and Cat Woman; all of these characters are Batman rogues gallery favorites and are highly anticipated to be seen as well played roles in the movie.

Tressler stated, “The Riddler has always been one of my favorite Batman villains and I am so excited to see him portrayed on the big screen because the last time they tried to do that I wouldn’t say it went so well, but hopefully they can turn it around and make it a better on-screen experience than it was last time.”

When the casting for the movie was announced, people were not thrilled to see Robert Pattinson get the role, but former Batman actor Christian Bale said he couldn’t have been more excited to see Pattinson in this role and compared it to the dislike for Heath Ledger as the joker for the Dark Knight. Bale stated that casting turned out well as it was one of Ledger’s greatest answering performances of all time.

Luckily for Pattinson, Batman has a lot of material to study in order to understand the character. Fans are hoping Pattinson took some inspiration from that material and put it into the movie.

Batman looking out onto Gotham City. (Warner Bros.)