Space X Will Fly Tourists to the International Space Station

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

This photo is featuring the Crew Dragon Capsule by SpaceX that be used in flying the four citizens to the I.S.S.

Claro Bacaltos, Layout Editor

Space Exploration Technologies Corporation, founded in 2002 by Elon Musk, is an American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation service provider located in Hawthorne, California. Its mission is to reduce space exploration costs and subjugate Mars.

SpaceX developed a human carrying capsule called Crew Dragon Capsule for bringing NASA astronauts to and from the space station. The company also developed a Falcon 9 rocket for taking cargo to the space station. That marked a bright status for the business of launching commercial satellites, and because of this, SpaceX wants to expand Crew Dragon passengers beyond NASA astronauts and plans to use it for private citizens to travel space as well.

Space Adventures announced plans with SpaceX to fly a Crew Dragon spacecraft with up to four tourists for a trip into orbit around Earth. This mission was classified as “The world’s first all-civilian mission.”

Eric C. Anderson, chairman of Space Adventures said, “The Crew Dragon will fly autonomously but the passengers would receive training to be ready for various emergencies.”

The Crew Dragon Capsule is scheduled to launch around late 2021 or early 2022. This mission is called Insipiration4, under the commanding orders from Jared Issacman, founder and CEO of Shift 4 Payments. This mission seeks to raise support for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

“Insipiration4 is the realization of a lifelong dream and stepping towards the future in which anyone can venture and explore the stars. I appreciate the tremendous responsibility in commanding this mission and I want to use this historic moment to inspire humanity while helping to tackle childhood cancer here on Earth,” Isaacman stated.

He is giving up two seats in this mission, one being reserved for the St. Jude ambassador, and the third and fourth seat will be decided through competitions that run from Feb. 1 to Feb. 28, listed on the Inspiration4 website. The third seat is open for those who donate to St. Jude, and the last seat is open to new and existing customers of Isaacman’s Shift4Shop platform. However, it was rumored that the future Crew Dragon passengers may include Tom Cruise, who is expected to shoot the first film in space, along with the director Doug Liman.

For those students who possess tens of millions of dollars to spare, they could be one of the three passengers setting flight in a spaceship to the International Space Station for a 10 day stay.