Save Big! Stay Home!

Aryssa Gallardo, Journalist

Black Friday is something that a lot of people look forward to every year because of the great discounts that stores have. This year, however, it’s a good thing that many stores have apps or websites that shoppers can look for deals on because having big crowds of people waiting outside wouldn’t be a great idea with Coronavirus cases climbing.

While stores will still be open for business, most of them suggest that people stick to shopping online so that people can feel safer while shopping and so they don’t have to wait in long lines. People who will be online shopping this year need to make sure to have their notifications on and wake up a little earlier so they can get better deals. The people who will be going to the stores in person need to remember to wear a mask, wash their hands, and try to distance themselves from other people.

Sophomore, Paulina Camacho says, “My family is going Black Friday shopping online because of how crowded it’s going to be. I feel like the cases of Coronavirus will continue to go up because of things like this.”

Some stores that say that they will be closed on Thanksgiving but will have Black Friday deals are Bath & Body Works, Costco, Macy’s, Target, and Walmart.

Customers should check the store’s website to see if they will be open on Thanksgiving and/or their Black Friday hours. Black Friday is a big deal for some people because they get to spend less money on things that they really want. Because most of the shopping will be online this year, it will make it a whole lot easier to add items into the cart without having to fight people for them.

Black Friday Shopping (Photo Courtesy of: Google Images)

Something else that might catch a shopper’s attention is the term ‘Cyber Monday.’ Cyber Monday is an event that takes place on the first Monday after Thanksgiving and is a 24-hour online shopping event that encourages people to shop online.

“I encourage people to do their Black Friday shopping online this year because of how many people are going to be in stores. Physically shopping somewhere is a perfect way to spread the virus and I know that we all crave normalcy but we’ll never truly have it back unless we sacrifice a little bit,” says Camacho.

All of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shoppers should be sure to stay safe and look out for good deals.