Fighting Senioritis

Fight senioritis so you can toss those caps, mustangs! (Courtesy of Soundcloud)

Senior year is a very memorable year in many young lives before going to the outside world. It’s the year that shapes people to become who they are in the future. Whether they choose to go to college or they enter the work-force, it’s part of their journey to finding who they are. However, with being in school for so long, it’s easy to get burnt out and not want anything to do with school. Which then leads to getting what is called senioritis. 

Kyla Wittwer is a senior at Shadow Ridge, but she hasn’t gotten senioritis.  

Some helpful study habits. (Courtesy of studywithasmile)

“I’ve managed to cope because I just don’t let myself believe it’s real. Senior year isn’t any different than any other year, except this year, you get to actually be rewarded for your work. I think that kinda motivates me to finish strongly,” Wittwer said. 

Wittwer’s best advice is to have fun. 

“My advice is to keep senior year fun. Continue making friends, even if you have friends from earlier years. Try new things and don’t get stuck in the boring mundane feeling of school,” Wittwer stated.

However, it’s not necessary to necessarily have any “habits,” as long as all effort has been given. Which includes finishing homework, and studying for any upcoming tests that are approaching. 

Procrastination makes easy things hard and hard things harder.

— Mason Cooley

Wittwer doesn’t exactly have any habits, but she has managed to keep on track with her schoolwork.

Keep pushing forward. (Camryn Lumada-Williams)

“I don’t really have any habits aside from my general study habits, such as getting my homework done every day,” Wittwer mentioned.

Keep trying. Keep going forward. And never give up, even when it starts to get tough. 

Senior year can be filled with fun, excitement, and passion, as long as the work has been put in. It’s easy to get sidetracked, to not want to keep going. Don’t give up on the hope that there is something better at the end, fill the void with success. Those who have given up and lost their spark, it’ll be found again, if they try to be their best person, and try their best to achieve the standards they know they can. Relight that fire and give it the burn needed to thrive. Giving up will always be tempting. It’s the easier route. Sometimes, all that is needed is a push. So push forward, have fun, finish with passion, and succession will hopefully be near.