Super Bowling with Harmony Taylor

Harmony+Taylor+being+presented+with+her+tickets.+
Kalah Williams
Harmony Taylor being presented with her tickets.

Shadow Ridge High School sophomore, Harmony Taylor, was recognized for her endless efforts working with GENYOUTH and was awarded two tickets to Super Bowl. GENYOUTH is on a mission to provide health and wellness to children in the form of nutrition and ending child hunger. Taylor is an amazing kid and proved to be a well chosen candidate for the job. Taylor will soon be bringing the mission to Shadow Ridge. 

Harmony with her spectacular tickets

“​​GENYOUth’s mission is to end student hunger,” Taylor says. “Through GENYOUth I am going to be doing a project in our school shortly.” 

Taylor’s hard work and dedication to GENYOUTH started with her stellar behavior and academics in school being that one of Shadow Ridge’s own recommended Taylor to be a part of the GENYOUTH program. 

“I first found out about GENYOUth through one of the PE teachers here at our school, Coach Simonini, who was also the reason I got involved in Fuel Up to Play60,” Taylor shares. 

GENYOUTH is a big part of Taylor’s life being she gets to first hand be a part of their mission and communicate on behalf of all the children struggling to find their next meal. 

Taylor says, “Being a part of GENYOUth means I get to be a part of big conversation and I get to be the part of the voice for kids who suffer from student hunger.” 

She finds this mission to be very rewarding and is appreciative of the opportunity to accomplish something big for kids all around America. 

“The most rewarding thing about being a part of GENYOUth is that I get to help kids not just in my community but kids all over the country.” 

Taylor remains very humble about the awesome work that she’s done even within just a short year with GENYOUTH. 

Harmony is an active member of the national GENYOUth youth council. She has spent the past year attending national conferences, guest speaking at local high schools, and will be conducting a capstone project this spring. Harmony is a two year varsity soccer player and an active member of our Student Council. She is beyond deserving of this award.

— Kalah Williams

“This is my first year with GENYOUth, with hopefully many more to come. To be completely honest I am not really sure why they chose me for the tickets, but I am very thankful that they did.” Taylor adds. 

Due to her selfless efforts to help hungry children, she was rewarded with tickets to be in attendance for the Super Bowl that took place here in Las Vegas. 

“The NFL, GENYOUth and Fritolay surprised Shadow Ridge sophomore Harmony Taylor with two tickets to the LVIII Super Bowl for her continuous efforts of educating the youth of the benefits and advantages of good nutrition,” says Coach Kalah Williams. 

However being at the Super Bowl is an unforgettable experience, unfortunately Taylor did not get her way with the results. 

“I was rooting for the 49ers,” Taylor adds.