Technology is Advancing Before Our Eyes

The times are developing. (Courtesy of Forbes.com )

Since 3 million years ago, when the first piece of technology was invented (stone tools), it has advanced drastically. There’s always a new piece of tech that everyone is itching to get their hands on, whether it’s a new phone, new laptop, or new watch. Each piece of technology has its dedicated craft built into it. There’s even artificial intelligence which is now being used for many things. 

Apple has released a new Apple watch that users can double tap their index finger and thumb. It may not sound exciting but here’s what it’s used for: Users can answer or end calls, turn off alarms, play or pause music, and that’s not even all of it. 

The Apple Watch Double Tap Feature (Courtesy of iPhone Life)

Lisa Eadicicco from CNET reviewed the Apple Watch double tap feature and said “Double Tap isn’t meant to replace primary gestures like tapping the screen, twisting the Digital Crown or dictating Siri commands. Instead, it’s a supplement to those actions, designed for times when touching or talking to your watch may not be viable.”

Meanwhile, Samsung devices have also advanced and adapted to the times. With their newer types of phones, they have even reinvented the flip phone. The modern flip phone is just like an average smartphone, but instead of a flat screen that can’t be compacted, they did just that. It’s water resistant, easier to store, and practically can stand on its own. Other companies did develop this technology as well, but Samsung started the trend.

Samsung Flip and Fold Phone (Courtesy of Samsung Newsroom)

Are you an iPhone or Samsung user?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

There’s even a such thing as ebooks. To read on the internet is a huge thing for bookworms. Ebooks are not everyone’s ideal way to read a book, but many do prefer them over a hard copy, for their portability and many other reasons. 

According to The Bookshelf  “To read an eBook, you can use an eBook reader, smartphone, tablet or PC: no matter what variant you choose, it’s small and lightweight. It easily fits into your pocket or backpack, so you can take it along wherever you go.” 

Streaming apps have taken over the world simply because of their convenience and what they offers. 

Nathan Sebastian from Good Firms states, “Streaming services are so convenient that they allow people to binge-watch entire seasons of their favorite series in a matter of hours or days instead of weeks or months.”

Whether it be with new streaming apps, games, or inventions in general, the times are forever changing with these new adaptions to technology and will always keep everyone on their toes for the next best thing.