Mack Megown : New Assistant Principal

Mr. Megown on the SRHS web page.

Savanna McDow

Mr. Megown on the SRHS web page.

Savanna McDow, Journalist

Rounding up all the experience, knowledge, and patience needed to work in education, the new Assistant Principal, Mack Megown, will bring a new perspective to make the Ridge a better place. Coming from Wyoming, Mr. Megown can put his various skills obtained to the test as a high school administrator.

Though he did not start in the classroom, Megown has always liked getting to help kids with any questions or difficulties they may have. From being a track coach to teaching for around 16 years, Megown has many tricks on what a functioning school should look like.

“My thing was getting to work with kids. My first edge in education was going into coaching, where I coached track, basketball, and football. The coaching part helped a lot with the teaching part. Just getting in and working with kids kind of where it was at.” Megown continues, “I have taught PE, health, driver’s ed, and history. I worked in a school with 25 students in total. First, it was 25 kids in the whole school, and now it is if we can get 25 kids in a room.”

Megown has bounced to several states and gone through many schools to get all the expertise and stories he now carries. Megown taught at a small school in Wyoming and two different schools in Nebraska before trying out Nevada.

Mr. Megown is filled with knowledge and experience as an assistant principal and he has made my transition into becoming one easier with his expertise.

— Mashelia Moore

Despite having several introductions into different fields, Megown set his mind on getting to help the youth make a name for themselves. For him, this started with going to college and hitting the ground running.

“I went to Shaddern State College and earned a bachelor’s in physical education K-12, then a second degree in social studies. I then got an associate degree from North East Technical College in Nebraska and a master’s degree in administration from the University of Phoenix,” Megown explains.

Shifting from a middle school teacher to a high school administrator can change what is seen, said, and heard daily. While some say they miss teaching the grade they moved from, Megown does not miss much besides the slower pace everything moved at, stating, “If you want it to slow down, it is going to run over you.”

Outside of leading students to success, Megown is a father, son, husband, and constant college football fan. He has been married for 16 years and has four children. Mr. Megown lives a life wh

Mr. Megown pictured with the other admin during the holiday season. (Photo Courtesy of: Mashelia Moore)

ere the adventure never ends, and now he can pass down his knowledge to those at the Ridge.

Megown states, “I plan to hopefully let students know that when dealing with me, there is always a consistency and fairness to where they can always come in and see me.”