Super Bowl Spectators

Photo Courtesy of :Google Images

Jalen Hurtz running the ball.

Gustavo Crawford, Journalist

Super Bowl Sunday is one of the most popular and most celebrated events in U.S. history. The first Super Bowl was played in 1967 and has gained popularity ever since.  People are very excited for Super Bowl LVII and will be celebrating in many different ways. Students will be going to or hosting parties. Some might go to the actual stadium. Some spectators will just chill out and watch it at home.

Drew Torres, sophomore, states, “My family is going to host our own party. It’s gonna have pizza, tacos, refreshing drinks, and much more. Although our favorite team isn’t in the Super Bowl, I personally want the Chiefs to win but I would put my money on the Eagles.¨

Super Bowl parties have been around since the first game and they have gained popularity since. It is projected that 14.6 billion dollars will be spent this year on Super Bowl parties in America. 

Sam Stahl, sophomore says, “For the Super Bowl, my family and I are hosting a party. I am pretty nervous and anxious because I put $50 on the Eagles that they would win. If they win I get $100. I could lose $50 though.¨ 

Betting on teams in the Super Bowl and sports in general have been around since the 1930s. About 47 million Americans plan to bet on the Super Bowl this year.

Sophomore, Logan Noice, says, “I am going to the Buper Bowl which is called The State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona and I cannot wait. The tickets were very expensive so hopefully it will be worth it. The stadium is going to be very loud and it is going to be very crowded. I am rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs hoping they win because I do not like the Philadelphia Eagles.¨

I’ve been waiting for this all year.

— Logan Noice

There will be around 80,000 people attending the big game which is the maximum capacity for the stadium and about 100 million people will watch it from home. 

Sophomore, Gavin Sheley states, ¨I’m having a Super Bowl party with my family and friends. I have been a diehard Kansas City Chiefs fan since birth and so is my family so we are really hoping for the Chiefs to win. It won’t be easy thought because the Eagles are amazing.¨

Jesse Anderson showing support for his favorite team. Photo Courtesy of: Jesse Anderson

Fans of both teams are very excited and nervous for the game.

Paul Wescott, junior says, ¨I am spending the Super Bowl with my family at home and I am rooting heavily for the Eagles. I have been rooting for them the whole season. They are my favorite football team and if they win I will be so happy. ¨