MLB Preview

Liam Guthrie, Journalist

The MLB season has arrived and there is a lot to be excited about.  This season the talk among fans are all the young stars who were drafted out of college.  These players are disbursed throughout the league making the World Series within any teams reach.

ESPN baseball analyst Ken Singelton stated, ”The dynamic Acuña Jr. is one of the most electrifying talents in the game and it’s easy to see why he has established himself as one of the faces of the game at such a young age. Need a home run? Acuña Jr. can do it. How about a game-saving catch? Yep. He can do that, too. Steal a bag, take an extra base or throw out a runner? Check. Check. Check. There’s nothing he can’t do, and the sky’s the limit. One day, you will be able to look back at Acuña Jr.’s career and say you witnessed something extraordinary. You’ll be able to say you saw a Hall of Famer’s career from start to finish and what a treat it was. So, enjoy it! Add his “it” factor and there’s nobody I would rather have to start my team.”

Acuna has been a star since he was 15 and he has been around the game since he was 1 because his father was in the MLB.  Ronald Acuna Sr played for the Toronto Blue Jays and was in the league for 11 years. Acuna Jr has the pedigree to succeed in this league and will be fun to watch this season.

Los Angeles Dodgers lined up (Photo Courtesy of: Google)

MLB analyst Kram Roberts stated, ”[Juan] Soto [of the Washington Nationals] has a career .414 on-base percentage. I know Acuña and Tatis are approaching that, but even at their best they’re not as good at getting on base as Juan Soto is at his worst. When you’re making these decisions about who you would most want, I think I choose philosophically to fall back on the single talent that I believe in most. And for any under-25 player in the majors, that is Juan Soto’s bat.”

Soto is a player who can change the game with one swing of the bat. Not only that, but he is a great first baseman as well.  Soto can be seen as possibly the best player in the MLB this season.

Shadow Ridge sophomore, Tui Lemua, who is a huge baseball fan, stated, ”Acuna, Soto, and Tatis are great young stars who all have the potential to lead their teams to championships.  I will look for those players when I am looking for games to watch this season.”

Tatis is a young star who has so much potential with his swag and confidence on the field. He also is a reason the Padres are so good. He will surely be the face of the MLB for years to come.