The No-time for Showtime Lakers

Spencer Corbett, Broadcast Editor

The Los Angeles Lakers have been struggling as of late, only winning 5 of their last 10 games, which Laker fans would call unusual for the squad. Fans suspect that the reason for this failure would be the loss of superstar Anthony Davis due to injury. Others believe that it is simply due to lack of team chemistry and cooperation. Although throughout all of the struggle with the team, Lebron James has outshined everyone on the team. averaging 30 points per game over the last 10 games. While this isn’t unusual for James, many NBA fans suspected LeBron’s age would cause a change in his game, but that has not happened.

Sophomore Cody Wright stated, “Although I’ve never liked LeBron, I’ve got to respect the fact that he is doing incredibly well this season.”

But while LeBron is doing so well there is another superstar on the squad who fans say isn’t doing as well as expected. Russel Westbrook was signed to the Lakers in the offseason and Laker fans aren’t too happy with his performance on the team so far. Westbrook has been known to take bad shots normally throughout games, but fans thought that would change after he joined the Lakers. But to Laker fans disapproval he did not, and he has been putting up lackluster numbers throughout the season so far. Luckily for Westbrook he still has half a season to go.

Sophomore Cody Wright said, “Westbrook right now is hot trash but I think he can and will improve.”

Los Angeles is currently still in the playoff picture but is on the brink of falling off from their position of 8th seed in the Western Conference.

Wright stated, “Yes, they still have a shot but they’ll need to pick up the pace if they want to be seen as title contenders.”

The Lakers will have to do a lot after the all-star break to put themselves back into a title position, but fans agree that it is possible if Davis returns and Westbrook can adjust to this new team dynamic. Fans are anxious to see what is in store for the Lakers, and their hopes remain high that the Lakers can turn it around and make up for lost games by the end of the 2021-2022 season.