Super Bowl LV

Super Bowl LV will occur on Sunday, February 7th at 3:30 PST.

Photo Courtesy of: Google Images

Camryn Taylor, Journalist

The Super Bowl is the biggest game of the season. Every team prepares for this game like no other, and a lot of hard work is put into the other games so two teams can make it to this point. This year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs will face each other in Tampa Bay for the 2021 Super Bowl. But which team is favored to win?

When is Super Bowl 2021 and all you need to know about the game - The Washington Post
The Kansas City Chiefs will take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

“I think that the Chiefs will win, but I’m rooting for the Buccaneers because I think that it will be interesting to see Tom Brady win for the first time playing in the NFC division,” stated Matthew Boughter, junior.

Tom Brady, the “Greatest of All Time” has a total of 6 Super Bowl wins, this will be Brady’s 10th Super Bowl of his career. Patrick Mahomes has won one Super Bowl, but if Mahomes wins this game, Mahomes will be the youngest quarterback to win two Super Bowl titles.

Kansas City is a three-point favorite in the latest Chiefs vs. Buccaneers odds from William Hill Sportsbook, while the over-under for total points scored is 56.5,” said CBS Sports. 

Tom Brady is known for making special plays happen, so Brady could possibly pull out a magic play and change the minds of all people betting against him. Or Mahomes could surprise many people as well and bring home a win to Kansas City for the second time. 

“This game will be really interesting honestly, and I really don’t know who is going to win. Tom Brady has been around forever and is known for his magic plays, but Patrick Mahomes is very skilled so these two players going against each other in the Super Bowl will be crazy to watch and it will be a good game for sure,” explained Trevor Wiseman, sophomore. 

“The stadium has a capacity of 65,890, which means 20 percent drops it down around 13,200 fans. The NFL has had to do some rescheduling of games this season, but has not yet had to build out an 18th week of the schedule,” described DraftKings Nation. All players, fans, coaches, and announcers have to have negative COVID tests. 

The Weeknd will also be performing at the 2021 Super Bowl Halftime show, while last year Jennifer Lopez and Shakira performed in Miami. Eric Church and Jazmine Sullivan will be singing the National Anthem. 

The Super Bowl will air on CBS or the CBS app at 3:30 pm PST, it will definitely be worth a watch.