Art Club

Art+Club

Madison Rybal, Journalist

Shadow Ridge has many options for extracurricular activities. Many of them offer new opportunities for students to grow in their own ways whether it’d be learning to better communicate with others or expanding in favorite hobbies or subjects. The most ordinary and yet overlooked club is the Art Club. What better way to learn about art than Art Club? 

Mrs. Thomas, the Art Club’s teacher in charge stated, “Sometimes students work on school-based projects and choice-based assignments, and they work on projects from their art classes (students receive help and feedback as needed).”

In other words, students will be able to receive extra help with their art projects from classes or electives to help better their works. Students can receive help from other students or Mrs. Thomas herself. 

Thomas continued, “I teach painting courses, so mostly painting, but we use other mediums, especially drawing mediums as well.” 

So much supply! (Madison Rybal)

In the Art Club, students will be able to explore a variety of mediums and learn useful techniques and art skills to better their craft.

Mrs. Thomas believes that the Art Club is actually not an overlooked club. But how come no one ever talks about it? Students talk about Chess Club, Dungeons and Dragons Club, and many others, but never Art Club. 

Javier Alonso, senior at Shadow Ridge High School stated, “I feel that various clubs are overlooked and under advertised by the school. In this case, the Art Club is one of them.” He continued, “The clubs I mainly hear about are the clubs posted in the morning announcements such as the Best Buddies Club, the Garden Club, etc.”

Thomas stated, “Students who have an interest in the visual arts and would like to meet up with like-minded individuals may be interested in joining.” Art Club doesn’t need to be for very talented students or people who want to work in art. Art Club can be for anyone who wants to have a little bit of fun.

Thomas finally stated, “Students interested in the visual arts and who have the time to meet up join and come to our meetings. We meet in room 308 on Fridays from 1:15 PM to 2:30 PM.”

Overall, the Art Club holds many great opportunities to expand as an artist and as a person. It allows students to interact with each other in their common interests and use that to grow. The art that is displayed by the students is absolutely amazing to look at.