Halloween Finally Ends

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

Halloween Ends film poster

Tristan Roberts, Journalist

Halloween is rapidly approaching and Shadow Ridge’s spooky season has already begun. As Shadow Ridge embodies the month of October, allowing students to experience the season whilst at school, students should also have the ability to celebrate at home, and there’s no better way to prepare for the scary holiday than with horror films. 

This poll has ended.

Do you love horror movies?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Supposedly, Halloween ends this year, of course referring to the long running “Halloween,” infamous for its jarring icon Michael Myers. It is  a film series spanning over 14 entries, with  nearly 50 years of production and multiple “supposed” endings with constant resurrections and reappearances. It seems that “Halloween Ends” truly believes itself to be the end of the “Halloween” franchise..

“Halloween Ends” is the sequel to the 2021 film, “Halloween Kills.” The production studio, Universal Pictures, has been doing enticing advertising in anticipation for the film’s release 

Screen Rant describes the movie, saying,  “The film takes place four years after its predecessor.  Laurie, the story’s protagonist, is living with her granddaughter Allyson and is finishing writing her memoir. Michael Myers hasn’t been seen since his last brutal rampage. Laurie, after allowing the specter of Michael to determine and drive her reality for decades, has decided to liberate herself from fear and rage and embrace life. But when a young man, Corey Cunningham, is accused of killing a boy he was babysitting, it ignites a cascade of violence and terror that will force Laurie to finally confront the evil she can’t control, once and for all.”

With 45 years of film put on the back of director David Gordon Green, he finds himself with the extremely hard task of finishing a series almost older then Green himself. It would be assumed the pressure to deliver a good ending is enormous. After all, generations of people are anticipating the dramatic finish of the beloved Halloween series. 

Micheal Myers of the Halloween franchise (Photo Courtesy of Google Images)

When prompted by Screen Rant, Green had a lot to say about his final installment into Halloween  

David Gordon Green says,  “For “Halloween Ends,” I wanted to make a love story. I wanted it to lean back into some atmosphere, talk about things that, in a roundabout way, apply to Michael, but aren’t really pointing to his backstory. So, we’re talking about the essence of evil, a manifestation of evil, and trying to bring what I felt like would be a satisfying conclusion to our boogeyman story.”

As of this article’s publishing, “Halloween Ends” release was last Friday. The film, with its heavily divided following, has raked in $41.3 Million in the box office, making it compete in the 30th top grossing film list after only one weekend in theaters.