Shadow Ridge Baseball Wins State!

Ty Silva Scoring a run (Courtesy of LasVegasReviewJournal)

Diego Faulkner, Journalist

Shadow Ridge Baseball played The Legacy Longhorns on Saturday, May 21st at the College of Southern Nevada’s Henderson location. The boys went into the state game with a 25 game win streak. Leading up to the game the boys played at Las Vegas Ballpark where they played The Legacy Longhorns in a exciting game where Shadow won. Leadoff batter Michael Brown was 3-for-4 with two RBIs in the title-clinching game for Shadow Ridge and scored the first run on a sacrifice fly by Austin Lynn in the first inning. The Mustangs added another run on a Bret Emery single, and Brian Robinette scored on a wild pitch in the second for a 3-0 lead. The Mustangs battled it out hard against the Longhorns.

The boys holding their state title right after they beat Legacy. ( Courtesy of LasVegasReviewJournal)

Many people attended the game such as family members watching their sons or brothers play. Students from Shadow Ridge also attended to watch their fellow classmates play and cheer them on especially on a hot day.

Sophomore Lauren Gadeski said, “I enjoyed watching the boys play I had an amazing time watching them and especially them winning. When they won the game it was so excited not only for the boys but my friends and I, and also family sitting in the stands. When they won, the joy on all the boys faces was so satisfying because they won a state title and that is a once in a lifetime type of thing. Hopefully our boys can win another one next year.

So happy we won a State Title and the game was so exciting hopefully we can do it all over again next year.”

— Ty Silva

Sophomore, Paige Martinez said, “I love watching baseball, I always have but when it is your school and it is your friends playing on that diamond is way more fun and exciting. I was cheering so much for the boys my voice almost went away. I felt like their number one fan out there.”

The boys had an amazing team this year with lots of talent and some students going to the Division 1 level to play baseball.

Congrats to the Shadow Ridge Baseball team for competing in a hard fought battle and bringing another State title to Shadow Ridge High School. Let’s hope they can do it again next season.