Float like a Butterfly, Sing like a Bey!

Beyoncé withe her backup dancers. Photo Courtesy of: @beyonce on instagram

Arionna Holmes, Journalist

After nearly 4 years of not performing on a stage, Queen Bey is back and better than ever! With her King Richard inspired performance, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter, had fans in awe. Carter performed her newest song on the movie’s soundtrack titled Be Alive. The song is dedicated to people of color and people who experienced hardships in their lives.

Carter incorporated a lime green wardrobe for herself and her dancers. This symbolizes tennis balls, the entire theme of the movie. Carter’s daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, also danced alongside her mother. The dancers hair was similar to each other. Their hairstyles were in a braided bun with braided bangs and beads at the end of the bangs.

Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
Photo Courtesy of: @beyonce on instagram

McKenzi Rogers, sophomore, stated, “I really enjoyed watching the performance. She always beats my expectations and makes the whole thing an amazing experience. She’s one of my favorite artists and her performances just explain why.”

Melyssa Soloman, sophomore explained that she really enjoyed the performance to say the least. “I throughly enjoyed Ms Carters performance. Despite her taking time off, she came back on that stage like nothing ever happened. Beyoncé had faced a lot of commentary from the public about her life but she did not let that bother her and she still put an outstanding performance. Beyoncé performance at the grammys was truly iconic.”

I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”

— Beyoncé Knowles-Carter

Layla Brumfield, sophomore, used words such as astonishing to describe Carter’s show.

“Honestly, I felt like Mrs.Carter’s Oscar performance was astonishing! It was great to see her perform for the first time in 3 and a half years, and she really put her thoughts into it. The choreography was there, the look was on point, and her vocals never fail to say the least. Although everyone seemed to be more focused on the popular shenanigan that took over the award show, it was great to see Mrs.Carter on stage again doing what she does best. All hail the Queen Bee.”

While fans may not see much of Carter, her performances never fail to amaze despite how long she takes off. She has made it very clear that her children and her family are her first priority but no matter what she never leaves her fans in the dark. Many are happy to see Carter back in her element. All hail Queen Bey!