Euphoria Season 2

Photo Courtesy of: Google Images

Cass Soldate, Journalist

Currently, with an 81% score on Rotten Tomatoes, Euphoria has skyrocketed as an audience favorite once again with the new release of season 2. Based on the Israeli miniseries of the same name created by Ron Leshem and Daphna Levin, Euphoria is an American teen drama series created and written by Sam Levinson for HBO. The series consists of 2 seasons, follows a group of high school students through their experiences.

The season’s first episode, “Trying to Get to Heaven Before They Close the Door,” was released on January 9th and the season ended on February 27th. The 19 million US views have gotten the show to 2nd place on HBO and HBO Max, 1st place being Game of Thrones.

Photo Courtesy of: Google Images
Photo Courtesy of: Google Images

“As willfully provocative as ever in its second season, Euphoria still isn’t for all tastes — but when its addictive ingredients are mixed just right, the results remain intoxicating,” states Critics Consensus on Rotten Tomatoes. 

The series stars Zendaya, Hunter Schafer, Nika King, Eric Dane, Angus Cloud, Jacob Elordi, Algee Smith, Sydney Sweeney, Alexa Demie, Barbie Ferreira, Maude Apatow, Javon Walton, Dominic Fike, Storm Reid, Austin Abrams, and more.

“The new episodes still pinball between the bombastic and the solemn, between understanding and exploitation, and that is its uncompromising identity,” says a Rotten Tomatoes’ top critic, Craig Mathieson.

Season 2 is a testament to Zendaya’s trailblazing career in Hollywood. Euphoria remains one of the most explosive, heartbreaking, and entertaining shows. Season 2 started strong and kept getting better, all the way to an unforgettable finale.

I loved season 2 of Euphoria. My favorite character was Fezco and I can’t wait for the next season.”

— sophomore Emma Clement

Have you seen HBO's Euphoria?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.